Beginning July 1, 2015 there will be new vaccine requirements for students. The new requirements are listed below:
- Meningoccal conjugate vaccine (MCV) - 2 doses
- One dose for students is required between 6th grade and 7th grade or by 12 years of age, whichever comes first.
- Booster dose for students is required when entering 12th grade or whichever comes first beginning August 1st, 2020.
- Polio vaccine - the booster (4th) dose is required on or after the 4th birthday and before entering school for the first time.
- Varicella vaccine (chicken pox) - 2 doses given at least 28 days apart.
- One dose is required on or after 12 months of age and before 19 months of age.
- A second dose is required before entering school for the first time.
- Documentation of disease must be from a doctor, nurse practitioner, or physician assistant verifying history of disease. Documentation must include the name of the person with history of disease, approximate date or age of infection and a healthcare provider signature.
- Tetanus, diptheria, and pertussis (whooping cough) - Tdap
- A booster dose of Tdap is required for individuals who have not previously recieved Tdap and who are entering 7th grade or by 12 years of age, whichever comes first.
For more information please click on the link below:http://www.catawbacountync.gov/phealth/Immunize/childhoodImmunizations.asp
- Please Note: A Certificate of Immunization must be presented for children entering a public, private, or religious child care facility, kindergarten, grades 7 or 12, and a college or university. A student who is not age-appropriately vaccinated and who does not meet NC vaccine requirements shall have 30 calendar days to meet requirements or be excluded from the facility.