County Board of Education addresses student dress in the Code of Conduct. This
code is strictly enforced at River Bend. As parents, you should keep the
following information in mind.
1. Spaghetti straps, tank tops, bare
midriffs, and revealing tops will not be tolerated at River Bend.
2. Pants which sag, bag, drag, or have
holes above the knee will not be tolerated at River Bend.
3. Facial painting/hair coloring which
detracts from the learning of others will not be tolerated at River Bend.
4. No hats, bandanas, sunglasses,
kerchiefs, or hanging belts may be worn at any time – even if it does match a
5. Short shorts/skirts will not be
tolerated. Shorts/skirts should be at least fingertip length or longer.
6. Pajamas/lounge pants and slippers are
not to be worn to school unless a theme day has been approved and announced.
7. Yoga pants or leggings can be worn at
River Bend as long as the student has a shirt or coat that will cover the back
as well as the front.
Parents will be called to bring a change of
clothing if their child’s dress does not meet county and school guidelines.
4670 Oxford School Rd Claremont, NC 28610
Phone: 828-241-2754 | Fax: 828-241-2820