2023-24 Kindergarten Enrollment
Welcome to the Catawba County Schools Family!
Have a 2023-24 Kindergartener?
Your child is about to begin an amazing adventure where they will meet new friends, learn from dedicated educators, and start building the foundation for a world-class education. As you get to know our staff you will see that they are passionate about children and learning and they bring that spirit to the classroom every day.
Learn more about Kindergarten HERE!
Our youngest students' adventure begins in one of 3 learning pathways.
Whether you desire a traditional in-person experience or the flexibility of a virtual option, we are proud to offer three different learning pathways for your child. Please click on the pictures below to learn more.
Experience our fully in-person kindergarten pathway where students will learn and grow both academically and socially through engaging and interactive activities. Click on "How to Enroll," fill out your registration, and you're all set!
Become bilingual and bi-literate through our in-person Spanish Immersion program that begins in kindergarten. Applications are required and it is a K-6 commitment. Offered at 3 schools, but anyone may apply.
⚠️ APPLICATION REQUIRED ⚠️
K-12 Virtual Learning Program
Designed to offer flexibility, our online program in kindergarten is a blend of in-person and online learning. Applications are required and it is a year-long commitment.
⚠️ APPLICATION REQUIRED ⚠️
No matter which pathway you choose, this is how to enroll! (Remember: Both the Online Catawba and Spanish Immersion programs require a separate application IN ADDITION TO the traditional enrollment that does not guarantee enrollment)
Regardless of the program, your young student will enjoy a comprehensive education in reading, math, writing, art, music, physical education, and media literacy/technology — the perfect recipe for a blue ribbon education!
There are so many exciting things happening in Catawba County Schools that will have a positive impact on your kindergarten student. Feel confident your child will:
- Be in a nurturing environment while exploring academic and social/emotional learning through demonstrations and interactive learning stations
- Explore the interactive world of Letterland, a fantastic story-based phonics program, and authentic texts to bring foundational literacy skills to life
- Gain foundational literacy skills through the interactive world of Letterland, a fantastic story-based phonics program
- Acquire number knowledge and fluency through guided lessons and hands-on experiences
- Utilize the latest technology including Chromebooks, iPads, robots, and more, to further enhance traditional classroom instruction
- Benefit from flexible seating in many classrooms so students can move around while learning
- Engage in a well-rounded education with art, music, and physical education classes taught by talented licensed specialists
- Have access to extensive special education services that help ensure ALL students thrive
- Enjoy a hot, nutritious breakfast and lunch available every day
Director, Elementary Education
Quest Before & After School Care
We are proud to offer an outstanding and affordable extended day program for before- and/or after-school care called "Quest."
Interested in Spanish Immersion for your Kindergartner?
In a Spanish immersion program, Spanish is not taught as a subject; Spanish is the language in which instruction is delivered.
Learn virtually with the flexibility of learning at your own pace, while still having the same access to local teachers, technology, arts, athletics, and other extracurricular activities as traditional Catawba County Schools students... and it's FREE if you're a resident!