Phone: 828-256-2335 ext. 379406
Degrees and Certifications:
Welcome to Pre-K!
Where learning begins.
The Preschool Program at Snow Creek has been opened for 7 years and this is my 6th year at Snow Creek. I believe that children learn best through playing and exploring. This year we will be exploring community helpers and how they help us in our everyday lives, including farmers, doctors, veternarians, and astronauts. I am so excited to get started.
1. Supply List
* Regular size bookbag (one that is big enough to hold a notebook and a blanket)
* Small Blanket for rest time (baby blanket size is perfect)
* Change of clothes (shirt, shorts, underwear, and socks)
* Kindergarten Health Assessment completed by your child's doctor and a current immunization record
* You may want to purchase child scissors, crayons, markers, pencils, and glue sticks to keep at home. I will send activities home throughout the year
2. Complete the Registration form online using the InfoSnap enrollment link (located below). If you do not have internet access, you may visit one of the Catawba County Public Library locations to use their computers or you may contact the school where your child will be attending for assistance. You do not need to provide 2 proofs of residence for preschool and I will have a copy of the birth certificate that was submitted with your application. EVERYONE must complete this registration form prior to starting school.
***PLEASE NOTE: Only students that have received an acceptance letter from the Catawba County Partnership for Children should register their children. If you have not received an acceptance letter, please call the Catawba County Partnership for Children at 828-695-6506 to apply.
3. Please complete the online Free and Reduced Meal Form. All students need to complete this online form unless you received a "Direct Certified" letter in the mail. If you received a letter, please bring it to school so I can see it and check with our cafeteria manager. Paper applications will not be sent home with students this year. Please list your preschool student and all siblings on the form. Preschool students will be charged full price for breakfast and lunch until your lunch application has been submitted and approved. Please use 00000 for a student ID for your preschool child since he/she has not yet been assigned a student ID number and "PK" as the grade level (it is at the bottom of the list.) Please DO NOT add money to an online account. Preschool does not accept money from the online account. Please click the link below.
4. Open house for Preschool students will be held on Thursday, August 24 from 5:00-5:45pm. All parents will attend a brief school wide "Welcome to Snow Creek" meeting and then you will transition to room 406 (our classroom) to meet with me and receive your packet of classroom forms and information. Your child is welcome to come and look at the classroom as you get a chance to meet the teacher and look around the classroom. If you have a scheduling conflict with this time, please contact me at Snow Creek or email me. Please note, teacher workdays begin August 21. I will not be in the building until August 21 so email is the best way to get in touch with me before then.