We are excited to offer our Catawba County Schools families meal care packages during Winter Break. We provided almost 6,500 free Grab-n-Go Meals to 1,300 students across 26 schools and 3 transport sites during Thanksgiving break, and hope to deliver even more for Winter Break!
Since we are out of school for over two weeks, we will be offering two sets of care packages on two different days throughout the break. Pickup is available at ALL Catawba County Schools sites.
Meals are 100% free and available to all of our students, thanks to funding provided by the USDA.
Thursday, December 17th from 8:30 AM - 10:00 AM
- 5 breakfasts and 5 lunches provided per Catawba County Schools student for December 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
Monday, December 28th from 8:30 AM - 10:00 AM
- 7 breakfasts and 7 lunches provided per Catawba County Schools student for December 28, 29, 30, 31 and January 1, 4, and 5
*Families must pick up curbside meals from the school the student attends (or is assigned, if remote), except:
CREC & ESTEEM students - pick up curbside meals from your "home" middle or high school based on residence
COMPASS & Challenger ECHS students - pick up curbside meals from your school based on residence or pick up curbside meals from the school that a sibling attends
Families are required to provide the student(s)' name and the school the student attends when picking up care packages
➤ IMPORTANT: While an approved Free & Reduced Lunch Application is not necessary for students to receive free meals, it is still critically important for you to complete your Free & Reduced Lunch Application in order for our schools to receive important federal funding.
Completing the Lunch Application allows us to receive important federal funding for things like:
- Additional classroom teachers to ensure reduced class sizes
- Academic facilitators & instructional coaches
- Additional funding for instructional supplies and materials
- Additional technology devices
- Professional development for teachers
- Educational software programs
While individual student data is confidential and may not be used for local education purposes, it is used at the State level for a variety of purposes, including:
- The issuance of P-EBT benefits if they become available to families this year;
- The allotment of State funds and discretionary grants for certain programs and public school units (PSUs);
- A mechanism for students (who qualify) to waive the cost of Advanced Placement tests;
- Documentation to qualify for scholarships, grants, and other financial aid;
- Use by the agency for various accountability measures, and
- Other allowable uses at the State level.
➤ COVID-19 Helpful Links
- NC DHHS COVID-19: Find My Testing Place: Find COVID-19 testing locally
- NCDHHS COVID-19 County Alert System: Catawba County is RED ("critical" spread). Please remember your 3 W's! Wait 6' apart, Wash your hands for 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer, and Wear your mask, and help stop the community spread in our county!