We are excited to offer curbside "bulk-packaged" meals to Catawba County Schools families for the Thanksgiving break. Pickup is available at ALL Catawba County Schools sites!
Pickup your Curbside Grab-n-Go “Care Package” on Tuesday, November 24th
8:30 AM - 10:00 AM and 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Pickup from School that Students' Attend*
- 5 breakfasts and 5 lunches provided per Catawba County Schools student for November 25th - 29th
- *Families must pick up curbside meals from the school the student attends (or is assigned, if remote), except:
- CREC & ESTEEM Students - pick up curbside meals from your "home" middle or high school based on residence
- COMPASS & Challenger ECHS students - pick up curbside meals from your school based on residence or pick up curbside meals from the school that a sibling attends
- Families are required to provide the student(s)' name and the school the student attends when picking up care package
Details about our Christmas Care Packages are coming soon!
IMPORTANT: While an approved Free & Reduced Lunch Application is not necessary for students to receive free meals, it is still critically important for you to complete your Free & Reduced Lunch Application in order for our schools to receive important federal funding.
Completing the Lunch Application allows us to receive important federal funding for things like:
- Additional classroom teachers to ensure reduced class sizes
- Academic facilitators & instructional coaches
- Additional funding for instructional supplies and materials
- Additional technology devices
- Professional development for teachers
- Educational software programs
While individual student data is confidential and may not be used for local education purposes, it is used at the State level for a variety of purposes, including:
- The issuance of P-EBT benefits if they become available to families this year;
- The allotment of State funds and discretionary grants for certain programs and public school units (PSUs);
- A mechanism for students (who qualify) to waive the cost Advanced Placement tests;
- Documentation to qualify for scholarships, grants, and other financial aid;
- Use by the agency for various accountability measures, and
- Other allowable uses at the State level.
➤ COVID-19 Helpful Links
- NCDHHS' Guidance for a Safe & Healthy Thanksgiving: Spread love, joy, and cheer this holiday season – not COVID-19!
- NC DHHS COVID-19: Find My Testing Place: Find COVID-19 testing locally
- NCDHHS COVID-19 County Alert System: Catawba County is ORANGE ("substantial" spread). Please remember your 3 W's! Wait 6' apart, Wash your hands for 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer, and Wear your mask, and help stop the community spread in our county!