We are excited to offer our Catawba County Schools families meal care packages during Spring Break. Meals are 100% free and available to all of our students, thanks to funding provided by the USDA.
Pickup your Curbside Grab-n-Go “Care Package” on Thursday, April 1st from 8:30 AM - 10:00 AM
- 6 breakfasts and 6 lunches provided per Catawba County Schools student for April 2nd, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th.
- Please note, our 100% virtual students may pick up an additional breakfast and lunch for April 12th.
*Families must pick up curbside meals from the school the student attends (or is assigned, if remote), except:
CREC & ESTEEM students - pick up curbside meals from your "home" middle or high school based on residence
COMPASS & Challenger ECHS students - pick up curbside meals from your school based on residence or pick up curbside meals from the school that a sibling attends
Families are required to provide the student(s)' name and the school the student attends when picking up care packages
➤ While an approved Free & Reduced Lunch Application is not necessary for students to receive free meals, it is still critically important for you to complete your Free & Reduced Lunch Application in order for our schools to receive important federal funding.
Completing the Lunch Application allows us to receive important federal funding for things like:
- Additional classroom teachers to ensure reduced class sizes
- Academic facilitators & instructional coaches
- Additional funding for instructional supplies and materials
- Additional technology devices
- Professional development for teachers
- Educational software programs
While individual student data is confidential and may not be used for local education purposes, it is used at the State level for a variety of purposes, including:
- The issuance of P-EBT benefits if they become available to families this year;
- The allotment of State funds and discretionary grants for certain programs and public school units (PSUs);
- A mechanism for students (who qualify) to waive the cost of Advanced Placement tests;
- Documentation to qualify for scholarships, grants, and other financial aid;
- Use by the agency for various accountability measures, and
- Other allowable uses at the State level.
➤ COVID-19 Helpful Links
- NC DHHS COVID-19: Find My Testing Place: Find COVID-19 testing locally
- NCDHHS COVID-19 County Alert System: Catawba County is RED ("critical" spread). Please remember your 3 W's! Wait 6' apart, Wash your hands for 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer, and Wear your mask, and help stop the community spread in our county!