Please watch this important video message from our Superintendent, Dr. Matt Stover, about updates to CDC guidelines, StrongSchoolsNC toolkit, and the "Test to Stay" study.
TOP 5 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW...
1. For students who have symptoms regardless of vaccination status:
- Get tested and isolate while waiting for results
2. For students who test positive regardless of vaccination status:
No symptoms: isolate for 5 days and then return to school wearing a mask for 5 additional days
- With symptoms: isolate for 5 days from symptom onset (or more until fever free and symptoms are improving), and may return to school wearing a mask for 5 additional days.
3. For students who are exposed to someone with Covid-19:
Not Vaccinated: quarantine for 5 days, get tested on Day 5 and if negative, return to school wearing a mask for 5 additional days.
Vaccinated and eligible for booster, but not yet boosted: quarantine for 5 days, get tested on Day 5 and if negative, return to school wearing a mask for 5 additional days.
Vaccinated and have either received the booster or not yet eligible for booster: no quarantine, but must wear a mask for 10 days.
- Click here to access the full text of the updated StrongSchoolsNC Toolkit
4. Voluntary "Test to Stay" study protocol is updated to align with current CDC guidelines.
- Click here for updated information about the "Test to Stay" Study and to access required permission forms.
5. District plans in case of staffing issues created by Covid-19:
- In the event that schools are unable to staff classes or bus routes due to Covid-19 and the need for remote learning, limited bus routes, or double routes becomes necessary, messages will be sent out via Parent Square the evening prior in order to provide time for arranging supervision and/or transportation.
Click here to access Frequently Asked Questions.