Returning to School After Being Isolated or Quarantined for COVID-19
Please reference the accordions below to learn the specific procedure that applies to your child if s/he as been diagnosed with COVID-19, has symptoms of COVID-19, or if s/he have been exposed to COVID-19. We strictly follow the North Carolina Department of Health & Human Services (NCDHHS) guidance that can be found in this document
- Student has tested positive with an *antigen test* but does not have symptoms of COVID-19
- Student has tested positive with a *PCR/ molecular test* but the person does not have symptoms.
- Student tested POSITIVE with an antigen test or PCR/molecular test AND has symptoms of COVID-19
- Student has symptoms of COVID-19 but has not been tested for COVID-19 nor has visited a health care provider. Therefore, the person who has symptoms is presumed positive.
- Student has symptoms of COVID-19 but has visited a health care provider and received an alternate diagnosis that would explain the symptoms.
- Student has been in close contact with someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19.
- Person is a household member (e.g. a sibling) of someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19.