Who We Are
Catawba County Schools (CCS) is a district with a bold vision for today – and an eye toward our future. As a district, we are committed to Engage, Inspire, and Empower both our students and our teachers. By engaging with unique opportunities to learn and lead while inspiring curiosity through exploration and research, we are empowering students and staff to become 21st century learners and leaders.
What That Means For You:
Our size allows CSS to be an educational reform leader that delivers more:
Innovative academic programs
- Cutting edge technology with a myriad of online learning options
- Diverse approach to delivering instruction
- Special Education and Academically or Intelligently Gifted Programs for Exceptional Children
- Recognized athletic programs, plus fine and performing arts that encourage development of a whole student
Inspired Teaching Drives Empowered Learning
CCS believes that the most effective educational methods are those that empower teachers to do their best work - to engage students and inspire them to learn while giving them the tools necessary to take charge of their own education. We support a myriad of innovative programs and encourage the continued evolution of our classrooms.
Here are just a few highlights:
- Differentiated and relevant instruction that embraces critical thinking, creativity, collaboration, and communication
- Research-based, progressive teaching methods
- STEM activities that make higher-level learning relevant
- Flexible classrooms with creative seating
- 1:1 student to technology ratio with a goal of staying abreast of modern and future technology
- Commitment to continued student health, safety, and responsibility
Our district is large enough to offer programs that keep our students competitive, yet small and nimble enough to adapt quickly to trends in education.
-Dr. Matt Stover, Superintendent
Did You Know?
Catawba County is unique in that it has 3 school systems within the county. Our district, Catawba County Schools (CCS), is the largest of the 3 school districts. We provide transportation services for our neighboring school districts, Newton-Conover City Schools and Hickory Public Schools.
Accountability is Important
We strive for academic excellence, which is why we take the grade we receive on our NC School Report Card (an annual statewide NC public school measure of school and district performance) seriously. In addition, we submit our School Improvement Plan for review and approval as required by state regulations, and our team revises that plan’s goals and strategies regularly. Feel free to explore the links below.
- District Strategic Plan
- NC School Report Card
- Principals Monthly Report (PMR)
- Public Notice
- Federal Programs (Title I) Information
- Financial Reports
- Read to Achieve