Read to Achieve
The Read To Achieve program is a part of the Excellent Public Schools Act which became law in July of 2012 and applies to all schools at the beginning of the 2013-2014 school year.
"The goal of the state is to ensure that every student read at or above grade level by the end of third grade and continue to progress in reading proficiency so that he or she can read, comprehend, integrate and apply complex texts needed for secondary education and career success." By the end of third grade, students are expected to be independent readers, which means that they can read and understand words, sentences and paragraphs, and answer comprehension questions about their reading."
Components of Read to Achieve
1. Comprehensive Reading Plan
2. Developmental Screening and Kindergarten Entry Assessment
3. Facilitating Early Grade Reading Proficiency
4. Elimination of Social Promotion
5. Successful Reading Development for Retained Students
6. Notification to Parent/Guardian
7. Accountability Measures
Link to Read to Achieve Livebinder: http://www.livebinders.com/play/play/850102