2018-2019 NC Pre-K applications are available under Forms & Documents.
2018-2019 Pre-K Fee Pay applications are available under Forms & Documents.
2019-2020 NC Pre-K applications are available under Forms & Documents.
2019-2020 Pre-K Fee Pay applications are available under Forms & Documents.
**FOR FEE PAYING SLOTS, WE NOW ACCEPT VOUCHERS FROM THE DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES FOR 3 AND 4 YEAR OLD CHILDREN. PLEASE CALL 828-327-3689 ext. 201 FOR MORE INFORMATION.**
The Catawba County Schools Preschool Program is comprised of many different services for children ages 3-5.
• The program has 11 preschool classrooms located in elementary school settings. Most classes have NC Pre-K students, Exceptional Children, and private paying students.
• The Sweetwater Early Childhood Education Center preschool location has a Play-Based Assessment Center for professional evaluation of children ages 3-5.
• Preschool itinerant educators, program specialists, and speech therapists are located at the Sweetwater preschool site. Services for some Exceptional Children may be provided at this location.
Catawba County Schools:
• Provides evaluation services to identify children with disabilities ages 3-5.
• Provides services for students as identified in the IEP.
• Receives and processes referrals for Exceptional Children Services for children ages 3-5.