Supply List for 2015-2016 School Year
Happening at Mtn. View Elementary
School is out for the summer
The school office will be open Monday-Thursday 7:00-5:00.
Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable summer. Students first day will be August 24th!
Remember it is important to read over the summer! Click here to find out more about the summer reading program.
New Immunization Rules
Click on picture to view web site with new immunization rules for rising Kinders and rising 7th graders.
Volunteer Here-Just Click Here to sign up to volunteer!
Mountain View PTO Facebook Page- Click Here
Be sure to like this page to stay up with PTO news and events. Also share this page with your friends.
AFTERNOON CAR RIDER PROCEDURES
Thank you for your patience and kindness during afternoon dismissal, your help makes a positive difference. If you are unsure of our dismissal procedures, they are listed in the student handbook.
· You should have requested and received an official car rider sign at the beginning of the school year. For safety, you MUST display this school sign in your car window in order to pick-up your child(ren) in the car rider line.
· Please leave the sign displayed until your car has been loaded.
· If you do not have a sign, forgot your sign, lost your sign, DO NOT get in the car rider pick-up line. Please park and come in to the office with a photo ID to collect your child(ren).
· We will not dismiss students to cars not displaying the official sign. No exceptions. Student safety is to important to let this rule slide.
· Parents will remain in their cars for pick-up unless you occasionally need your child for an early appointment, or you do not have your school sign.
· Anyone entering the front lobby for pick-up must to go to the office and show photo ID before the student(s) may be released.
· Your child(ren) have been instructed to walk out when their name is called and wait for the adults on duty to tell them to go to their car. This way if the cars are moving the children are not.
· Please load children on the passenger side of the car. Students who load on the driver side are at greater risk of getting hurt by other cars.
· Our policy states that students not picked-up by 3:15 will go to our Community Schools after-school program in the gym where adults can supervise them. Any student waiting in the lobby after 3:20 will go to our after-school program, and you may collect them around back in the gym.
If you have any questions or concerns about car riders, please call our principal, Mrs. Dyanne Sherrill at 828-294-2020. If you would like your child to begin riding the bus and have questions about that, please call our assistant principal, Mrs. Jessica Minton-Cable. THANK YOU!